Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cable Gamer

A Two Post Day!

In honor of Mark Buerhle's perfect game (which I saw most of because you know, I have no job), I'll present you with my top 5 athletic achievements of all time.




5. 7th Grade basketball. In a "B" game against Maple, 6 seconds left, I connect from just shy of the free throw line as time expires. We win by double digits.

4. 8th Grade basketball. In a game against Maple, a hit a mid-range jumper as the 3rd quarter expires. We go on to win by double digits.

3. 8th Grade basketball. In a "B" game against Shepard, I connect on two 3's in the first quarter, the second of which is as time expires from beyond NBA range. We go on to win by double digits.

2. 6th grade park district baseball. In a regular season game, I'm fooled by a fastball (fooled is probably the wrong word when most pitchers only have one pitch, and it's coming at 50 mph) and swing late, hitting one down the 3rd base line. 3rd basemen makes a bad throw which I'm pretty sure I kick into the outfield. Nobody notices. I end up at 3rd on the error, but scorekeeper credits me with a triple.

1. Junior year gym softball. I go 2/2 with two homeruns. Later Mike Salemi discredits both because there was a girl in center. Whatever.


Go Sox!

I'm reading: Cable GamerTweet this!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weiss,

    I love the posts and the energy that you bring to your posts. But I have to differ with you on one thing. NO WAY!!! Maple Junior High loses by that much. The inside outside game of a young Jeff Sacks is comparable to Blake Griffin. The coaching of Mr. Thomas is eeriely similar to the hard nose defense that Jerry Sloan's Utah Jazz run. I wanna see the box scores for proof of these actual games. Hope all is going well with you. But please don't bash Maple Junior High.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Craig Taffel surely has the box scores to prove it. Now all we need to do is bring him back from his seven year sabbatical in China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can assure you blum, that the Maple games were scheduled just so we could get our swag going.

    ReplyDelete