Friday, August 14, 2009

Waking up feeling, good and limber

I might drive to the city today to get a burger. I also might not.

Why? Because I have no job. Everyday is a holiday.



There are a few problems to lookout for in this endless summer lifestyle I've adopted.

First, most of your friends can't take 2 hours off midday to get burgers. This is both sad, and encouraging, as it let's you know maybe this isn't how unemployment is supposed to be spent.

Second, you end up seeing every movie that comes out just because you can. And yes, I thought "Funny People" was too long too.

Enough about this though. The guy who wins the lottery doesn't complain about the taxes he pays on it...or maybe he does, what do I know?

On to the weekend....

-Two big thumbs down to the Finish Line in Old Orchard. I ordered a Jordan Pack from them two weeks ago and it appears they want to do everything but continue to keep my business. Well done, gentlemen. Now that I know Foot Locker price matches, it's been fun shopping in your store.

-Two big thumbs up for Bears preseason action in Buffalo. I hope Rashied Davis has 0 catches, and is cut the next day. I also hope Craig Steltz isn't terrible, but fear he might be. Excellent draft pick, Jerry. Eager to see one quarter of the Cutler era.

-One thumb up for the Air Show, but...

-Two thumbs down for the traffic mess it's going to cause. Sometimes it's not even worth trying getting into the city. This Saturday will be no exception.

-Two thumbs up for Nike releasing a bunch of Bo Jackson inspired shoes. Greatest Video Game athlete ever finally getting his dues.

-One thumb up for most Cubs fans acknowledging the guy who threw a beer on the Flyin' Hawaiian is an idiot. No place for that in baseball. Now as long as some Cubs fan attack an ump and a first base coach during the remainder of this season, Sox fans will be off the hook for a little while.

-Two thumbs down for Mitchell Park turning the lights off at 10:00. Dan Saken would not have stood for this.

-One thumb down on the hummus at Trax. I've had better.

and lastly...

-Two thumbs way up on Michael Vick being back in the NFL. He has insured that there will be several PETA shit storms wherever Philadelphia plays and I could not be more excited to watch these happen. Plus, any team with him, Donovan, Desean Jackson, and Jeremy Maclin is going to be sort of exciting.

Stay up, people.

I'm reading: Waking up feeling, good and limberTweet this!

1 comment:

  1. Two thumbs up for the for the white sweatband on his right arm. He should be charged with a misdemeanor solely for that.

    ReplyDelete